Greetings all,
I have been attempting to write my own logfile_daemon for experimental
purposes, but any daemon I provide causes "FATAL: I don't handle this error
well". I also see "logfileHandleWrite: daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log: error
writing ((32) Broken pipe)" with no other errors in the cache.log. I have read
all possible docs about writing a custom logfile_daemon, but I have had no
luck. For testing purposes my daemon is just a bash script that creates a file
and pipes random text to it. The creation of the file/writing text to the file
works fine, but soon after squid just dies. I have no help from the cache.log
or squid.out.
The only line I have added to my squid.conf is "logfile_daemon
/etc/squid/hi.sh". This causes the fatal error. I have also tried explicitly
setting my access_log directive as well "access_log
daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid", but that still does not work. Thanks
in advance.
-Mike