From: squid-users [mailto:squid-users-boun...@lists.squid-cache.org] On Behalf
Of Yuri
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 19:45
To: Aaron Turner <synfina...@gmail.com>
Cc: squid-users@lists.squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] SSL intercept in explicit mode

AFAIK,
SSL bump subsystem uses OpenSSL memory routines. So, first of all, most
probably leaks (if any) can be OpenSSL-related, but not squid itself.
Now let's see your config snippets.
13.03.2018 23:00, Aaron Turner пишет:
"Usually misconfiguration leads to memory overhead."

This may be true, but if you look in the list archives a few months
ago I basically chased my tail in circles and nobody could tell me
what I was doing wrong and so many of the docs are so old that they're
worse then useless, they seem to suggest the wrong thing.

It was literally leaking GB's worth of RAM.  I even disabled all
caching and process sizes were growing into the GB's.  Turn off
ssl-bump and the leak went away.

This is what I was using:
<SNIP>

"C++ seems like a language suitable for firing other people's legs."