On 30/03/18 04:24, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a solution in place with a dedicated squid LXC container (v
> 3.1.20-2.2).
> Both http and https proxy run on default port 3128.
> Https in tunneled in http using CONNECT.

That tunnel existing means Squid has no part in any of the HTTPS
requests. It cannot perform authentication of them.

What it can do is request authentication of the CONNECT message, but
once that is accepted or rejected Squids part is over.

> There is no authentication in place and both are working fine.
>
> For testing purposes we also use an Apache (v 2.2.22-13) proxy forwarder
> running on a different machine on port 80 as "aproxy".

So, the big question is why you have this setup of Apache being a
reverse-proxy for a Squid forward-proxy?

Forward-proxy are supposed to be between clients and reverse-proxies or
origins. Not the other way around.

What are you actually trying to achieve here?

Amos