*Thanks for the quick reply. I want to explain my question further.*

*Consider C1 and S1 connections were created for a HTTPs connection using
ssl-bump. C1 has been served and closed from the client side.*

*Now, the client initiates another HTTPS connection, C2. Since, persistent
connection is enabled, expectation is to see that S1 gets re-used.*

*Behaviour seen now is that S2 gets created and a handshake ensues between
squid and server. After ~30seconds, S1 is re-used to serve the*

*request C2. Persistence seems to work since S1 is re-used. However, why
was S2 initiated and why was S1 re-used after ~30seconds?*

*PFA: pcap file and the squid.conf*

--
Regards,
Vishali Somaskanthan