Just to be clear..(since I see that I didn't sent a "replay all" email)

I am talking about a ssl_db directory creation ie like in this line:
https://github.com/rockyluke/docker-squid/blob/fe98b0c27cc2757268c5a07bf862e7f5bfa9570d/4.0.21/Dockerfile#L69

/bin/security_file_certgen -c -s /var/lib/ssl_db

it still requires a "-M" not when I run it as a helper of squid at "start\run" time.

Did the issue makes more sense now?

Eliezer

On 2018-06-29 05:28, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 06/28/2018 05:03 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
/usr/lib64/squid/security_file_certgen: security_file_certgen -s requires an -M parameter

which is weird, why would I need the "-M" when creating the ssl_db directory which is a bunch of empty files?

The helper needs -M to know when to start deleting cached certificates.
The -s parameter enables certificate caching by the helper. A cache
needs to know its maximum size.

If you do not need a cache, do not specify -s (provided that recent
feature was ported to v4).

Alex.

--
----