Le 01/04/2019 à 00:23, David Touzeau a écrit :

Le 31/03/2019 à 05:50, Amos Jeffries a écrit :
On 31/03/19 3:41 am, David Touzeau wrote:
On 30.03.19 10:22, David Touzeau wrote:

Did you have perform squid stress on Debian against CentOS ?

I have installed:

* Debian 9 net install + Squid compiled
* CentOS 7 minimal  + Squid compiled

Same version, same compilation parameters, same Squid settings.
It seems that Squid on CentOS is 10 times faster than squid on Debian
faster in what? Response time? number of parallel connections?
single or multiple connection data transfers?
HTTP or HTTPS?

What are kernel differences that made this huge performance changes?
no kernel differences should cause 10x speed difference.

If you still have the config.log files from the build you may be able to
track down something being detected (or not) in one of the builds.

The -march=native or -O level options for compile would be the first
place I look for a major difference like that. Either on Squid or on one
of the system libraries it uses. The *FLAGS summary at the end of the
build can be a good starting point for comparison.

Compiler version can also have an effect as newer compilers use more
performance related tricks than older ones (YMMV on which tricks are
actually better).

Faster in what? Response time?

1. response time, MISS and HIT are faster

Example:

on Centos MEM_HIT are about  0-1 msec against Debian about 3-4 msec

On the same test traffic?

Amos

Thanks Amos, we will take care during the compilation.

But to be sure of tests:

Using same settings, same cache, same hardware and same destination websites.

Hi Amos and Community...

We have recompiled same squid version on 2 systems

No march= using --disable-arch-native on both systems

Debian config.log

https://github.com/dtouzeau/1.6.x/blob/Tempfiles/debian9-config.log?raw=true

Centos config.log

https://github.com/dtouzeau/1.6.x/blob/Tempfiles/centos7-config.log?raw=true