On 2/14/20 10:36 AM, Scott wrote:

> I know it's derivable by other means, but it would be nice to have a
> logformat format code that provided the client and server IP version numbers.

> eg: >v for Client IP version (4 or 6) and <v for Server

Other than client and server, Squid can log a few other IP addresses,
including:

    >a      Client source IP address
    >la     Local IP address the client connected to
    la      Local listening IP address the client connection was...
    <a      Server IP address of the last server or peer connection
    <la     Local IP address of the last server or peer connection
    icap::<A        ICAP server IP address. Similar to <A.

If we add support for automated IP version extraction, it should be
supported as a single new parameter for all existing %codes that log IP
addresses rather than new %codes (one %code for each of the existing
%codes that log IP addresses). For example:

    %>a{version}

FWIW, personally, I am not sure we should add such a %code option
because, I presume, the same information can be obtained simply by
checking the first character of the logged IP address for being '['.
Said that, I am open to hearing arguments why it should be added.

Cheers,

Alex.