On 11/01/21 8:53 am, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 10.01.21 17:24, roee klinger wrote:
I just wanted to give an update in case anyone is interested, I was not
able to find a solution,

it was posted here:
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2020-December/023074.html

    rotate=N        Specifies the number of log file rotations to
                make when you run 'squid -k rotate'. [...]
                Only supported by the stdio module

You are not using an "stdio" module. You are using a "daemon" module.

simply said, it could not work in your case,
Instead, I set "logfile_rotate 0" and wrote my own custom script to rotate
the logs and I am running it as a cron, works just fine.

isn't this the default in raspbian? Afaik it comes from debian, where this
is the default.

Exactly so. The Debian default is to offload log handling to logrotated. Nothing needs to be done by the admin in squid.conf. Raspbian uses the Debian package, rebuilt to run on the Pi hardware.

Amos