Hi,

I've done this and uploaded the log. Please take a look at it. Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8nwdjs7bly4exw/squid.log.gz

On 3/3/22 11:12, ben wrote:

I tried your suggestions and it is the same result
first I deliberately put some erroreous config in squid.conff and it failed to start as a result. When I ran it again by specifying the default config manually, it make no difference from before.

There is a difference, but apparently not in the final outcome.

Please use the following or equivalent command to start your Squid with debugging enabled (-X), wait ~30 seconds, and then press Control-C (to kill the running Squid process if it is running), compress, and share a pointer to the resulting stderr output captured in the /tmp/debugging.log file.

    squid -X -N -d9 -f /etc/squid/squid.conf.saved 2> /tmp/debugging.log

It is best to use default Squid configuration for this triage in order to reduce the chances of sharing sensitive information in that debugging log.

Alex.