On 21/09/22 07:52, Pintér Szabolcs wrote:
Hi squid community,

I need to find most best and sustainable way to build a stable High Availability squid cluster/solution for abou 40k user.

Number of users is of low relevance to Squid. What matters is the rate of requests they are sending to Squid.

For example; each of your 40k users sending one request per hour to Squid is not a problem, but if they send one per second will need multiple Squid instances.

Parameters: I need HA,

Assuming you do mean "high availability" instead of something unusual.
Squid is designed to maximize availability - whether it meets this criteria will depend on several factors:

 * what measure(s) you consider necessary for this requirement.
   Proxy uptime? Response time?
   How much outage is acceptable for each?

 * the complexity of features and policy Squid is configured with.
  - impacts reconfigure/restart times, and response times.

 * consistency of client compliance to HTTP
  - impacts response times

caching(little objects only not like big windows updates),

No problem for Squid.

scaling(It is just secondly), and

Not a problem for Squid.

I want to use and modify(in production,in working hours) complex black- and whitelists

Should not be a problem. Details of course depend on your specific policy and update needs.

I have some idea:

1. A huge kubernetes cluster

pro: Easy to scale, change the config and update.

contra: I'm afraid of the network latency.(because of the most plus layers e.g. vm network stack, kubernetes network stack ith vxlan and etc.).

Sorry I have no experience here. So the remainder of your questions I cannot answer.

HTH
Amos