On 21/09/22 10:33, Dave Dykstra wrote:
I tried sending this directly to Amos twice over the last week or so but
it bounced each time.

I noticed that 5.7 is on the website since 5 September, but I have not
see a release announcement for that or for 5.6 from June.

Mea culpa sorry. I am a bit behind on security paperwork needed for those.

 I would like
to know if it is considered to be in a stable enough state that all
squid 4 users are encouraged to upgrade, or not.  The release notes
don't tell me that.

Basically yes we are back at "encourage to upgrade".

To be specific:
 * The initial big troubles were resolved in 5.5.
* We have two reports of Delay Pools having weird behaviours, but that is shared with v4.

* WCCP regression (YMMV) in latest security patches has not fully been resolved in the official code. Experimental patches are available if necessary.

HTH
Amos