On 30/09/22 02:59, Andy Armstrong wrote:
Hi,

Excellent I understand and agree with what you are saying. Is this behaviour documented within the Squid documentation anywhere, or is this more ‘how does the HTTP specification handle caching’?

It is HTTP basics. I have just re-phrased details from RFC 9110 and RFC 9111 to make them clearer in context of this conversation.

The details about methods can be found in https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110#name-methods

The requirements on caches are covered in https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9111#name-overview-of-cache-operation.

I am moving forward with a HTTP GET to see if that works per my use case. I assume therefore that any other verb is simply not going to work out the box?

Without knowing the details of your service API it is hard to answer that question. From what you have mentioned so far I believe so. Or at least it is the method most easily altered when you want non-default behaviour to occur.

HTH
Amos