hi all,
couple of questions re squid config

My squid hardware is based round systems with a 1.8Zenon cpu 4Gbytes of ram and 4 36Gbyte disks for cache storage running RH 8.0 with the 2.4.18-24smp version of the kernel. Each disk has 1 partition set up cachedir ufs <90% of disk space> 256 256

what sort of cache_mem setting should I be looking for in the above config.

did have aufs set up for a while but seemed to have a number of error messages indicating that particular directories on a cache disk could not be found e.g. cache1/0a/ob ... didn;t seem to have made any difference but I would have excpected a squid -z to have created all the directoroes it required.

Should I be aufs?

and lastly
given that the Zenon processors can support hyper-threading, is there any magical squid config settings that'll make use of this? Using 'top' it looks as if it isn't at the moment.

TIA
alex