On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Mueller, Thomas wrote:

Thanks for your fast answer.
I found the problem:
I'm running SuSE Proxy Suite and the suite is listening on port 21.

The suite shouldn't establish a connection directly to the Internet, because
I want to have a next proxy (Viruswall) which scans all the http and ftp
traffic.

Is it possible to tell the Proxy Suite that it should route all traffic over
my "next proxy" ? (Viruswall)
I didn't found any thing in the conf file.

There is several other FTP proxies if the Suse Proxy Suite does not support forwarding to another proxy. I would recommend looking into Frox which as a bonus also integrates with Squid for caching.

For questions regarding the SuSe Proxy Suite it is better to use the appropriate forum for that software. This forum is about Squid.

REgards
Henrik