Thanks for the reply.  I had a look at the article and I don't think that
it explains my situation.  My squid_ldap_auth command points to a squid
user and supplies a password so I am not doing anonymous searches.  I think
the fact that it works when a specify an OU means that it's not an
authentication problem but rather a search restriction.  Any thoughts are
appreciated.

Thanks,
 Colin

             Serassio Guido
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             cmeconsulting.it>                                          To
                                       Colin Farley
             11/10/2005 01:35          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
             AM                        squid-users@squid-cache.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth
                                       and Windows 2003 AD

Hi,

At 22.25 09/11/2005, Colin Farley wrote:
>So, it seems that Windows 2003 domain
>controllers have added security that stops searches beginning from the
base
>of the domain and searches must start within an ou.  Has anyone
encountered
>this?  Are there any fixes that anyone is aware of?  Any help is greatly
>appreciated.

Correct, look here:

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/