On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Pieter De Wit wrote:

I have two proxy (one remote - both squid). I was wondering if I can
pipeline the two, or at least get the number of connections between the
two down. Can they be connected via a single TCP connection ?

No.

There needs to be as many connections as there is concurrent requests processed and fetched by the child proxy.

You should in theory be able to modify your Squid to serialize all requests to only fetch a single object at a time, but performance and reliability of your proxy will plummet way down through the cellar floor.

Sidenote: pipelining between proxies is not a good idea and is strongly discouraged by the RFCs. There is many reasons to this, where the main reason is request latency but there is also some security and stability concerns. There is no way for a proxy to tell how long time it will take for the parent/servers to process a request, or if the request will at all be successful.

Regards
Henrik