Hi all,

I wanted to know if somebody here is running a Squid cache on a Solaris box (i386)?

I am planning to deploy a Squid proxy cache on a Solaris box.

Now since a proxy cache will probably be storing a couple of million
objects on disk (most of them small objects), I wanted to know what ZFS's impact will be on Squid?

Basically, I want to know if somebody here on this list is using a ZFS
file system for a proxy cache and what will be it's performance? Will it
improve or degrade Squid's performance? Or better still, is there any
kind of benchmark tools for graphing Squid performance on a ZFS file system?

I know that it question is not related to Squid directly. But no harm in asking, right?

Thanking you...

--

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,