Hi learner,

squid learner wrote:
sir i am using squid in my lan 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 with onle one lan card the squid server ip is 192.168.1.200:8080
so all clients proxy setting is 192.168.1.200:8080
did changing the  cachi box with two lan cards make
deffrence i mean speed difference

I am not sure if I understand your question!

I don't think that you will see any speed difference just by adding an extra LAN card.
There is no relation between the number of network cards and Squid.

Of course, by adding the extra network card, you can do many useful things like making this Squid cache box the gateway for your network.

What this means is that you can now locally intercept your clients web requests. No manual proxy configuration in your client's browsers or router redirection needed.

Then you can also make this Squid box to act as a firewall for your internal network.

Finally, but not the last, you can make this Squid box a bandwidth shaper too.

Thanking you...

thank you

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

--