Hi all,

I have 2 web servers . One is Primary and the other is Secondary.

Pls asssume
ip of primary is 1.2.3.4
ip of secondary 2.3.4.5

I want squid resverse proxy to forward traffic to primary server.
When, the primary goes offline, it should forward to Secondary web
Server.

How can I acheive this task?

I am going to keep squid as a reverse proxy in front of them?

pls assume ip of reverse proxy is 5.6.7.8

How Can I write rules in squid.conf?

pls see below rules.

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=your.main.website

cache_peer ip.of.primarywebserver parent 80 0 no-query originserver
cache_peer ip.of.secondarywebserver parent 80 0 no-query originserver

acl our_sites dstdomain your.main.website
http_access allow our_sites

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya