Geez - what an off day - forgot to change the Subject and to add that it's going to be working as a transparent proxy.

Thanks,

Pieter

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Pieter De Wit wrote:

 When you are confidant about this going, we can move on to the HTTPS and
 failover questions.

 Amos

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I am "dropping" in on this thread, but it reminded me that I need to find this out.

I am working on a "active-active" firewall for a customer. It will be two Linux boxes (Gentoo for now) running VRRP to publish a virtual IP. I have done the firewall setup so that connections can failover between the boxes (takes about 30 seconds - I am sure the heartbeat can be set to less) but it works ok :)

Now - the tricker part. Let say someone is currently busy with a download, can squid do a failover of the connection ? If so, mind pointing me to the setup docs ?

If this is going to be a feature to add to squid, then I am happy to take it to the dev mailing list and "propose" something there.

Please accept my best attempt at ASCII art :)

  | eth2                 |eth2
| NODE1|               |NODE2|
| | --eth1---eth1--|     |
  | eth0                 |eth0