Pandu E Poluan wrote:
Hi all!

I've configured my proxies correctly, and now they work as expected.

* Requests to fast sites get forwarded to ProxyA, which uses FastInet
* Other requests gets handled directly by ProxyB and ProxyC, which uses SlowInet

There's a problem, however, that recently cropped up.

I've added ".google.com" and "mail.yahoo.com" as a fast sites.
Accesses to Google and Yahoo Mail (mail.yahoo.com) gets accelerated, as expected.

However, when trying to access the Google cache, apparently the URL uses an IP address instead of a domain name, e.g. "72.14.192.66" Same situation happened when accessing an attachment in Yahoo Mail, it uses an IP address instead of domain name, e.g. "206.190.39.216"

I keep getting errors:

===== Error message snip =====

The following error was encountered:

   * * Unable to forward this request at this time. *

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

   * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct
     connections to origin servers, and
   * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

===== Error message snip =====

I think ProxyB and ProxyC somehow performed a reverse DNS, and forwards the IP-address-based requests to ProxyA, while ProxyA only allows explicit URLs in its miss_access directive.

I've tried editing the ProxyA's squid.conf like follows:

#snippet of ProxyA squid.conf
acl fastsites dstdomain .yahoo.com
acl fastsites dstdomain .yimg.com
acl fastsites dstdomain .yahooapis.com
acl fastsites dstdomain .google.com
acl fastsites dstdomain .gmail.com
acl fastsites dstdomain 206.190.39.216
#
acl fastsites_ip dst 72.14.192.0/18
acl fastsites_ip dst 206.190.39.216
#
miss_access allow fastsites
miss_access allow fastsites_ip
miss_access deny siblings

But to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Does adding the IP-text "206.190.39.216" to the dstdomain ACL work?
Squid should try an exact text match before doing rDNS.
Otherwise you may be stuck with an url_regex pattern for those.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7