Amos Jeffries wrote:
>    anything resolving to 127.0.0.1 on this host is not necessarily
> resolving to 127.0.0.1 on any other host (ie the parent proxy)
>
> NP: having a DNS server resolve 127.0.0.1 for anything public is very
> nasty.

Hi Amos,

Thank you for your help. Meanwhile i did some more testing and found
something strange. The test system cannot resolve any internet domains
itself so its nameserver uses a forwarder. If i silently drop the DNS
request packets through the packet filter, everything works fine. There
is no delay on any requests.
But, if i just remove the forwarder in DNS, so that every request for
external domains result in a NXDOMAIN DNS reply, a request takes about
90 seconds until it's finally processed.
The point i don't understand is, why Squid forwards the request without
any DNS reply but seems to do some timeout handling if NXDOMAIN is replied?
I also checked if there is any communcation between local squid and the
parent proxy but there isn't any in the latter test case.

Greetings,
Matthias