Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Martin Connell
<mconn...@richmondfc.com.au> wrote:
Dear Squid,

I am a new squid user, and I¹ve been relegated the task of creating a couple
of exceptions based on IP address.

So basically, we have our squid setup so certain sites are banned for all
users, facebook etc. However there are 2 pc¹s we want to have access
specifically to facebook for work purposes. Can you please point me in the
right direction as to how I would go about this, I¹ve been trying to google
this, I know I need to edit the squid.conf file but after looking through
that file not too sure how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi!

Remember ACLs are used "up to down", and the first one to "hit" will
be used, so, just add an "allow" for the IPs you want "whitelisted",
before the ACL that blocks the pages.

I hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo

Otherwise, adjust the deny such that the deny itself excludes the IPs.

acl facebook dstdomain .facebook.com
acl researchIP 192.168.182.97
http_access deny facebook !researchIP

Have a look at the FAQ section on ACLs (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl) for more...