Julian Pilfold-Bagwell wrote:
Amos Jeffries wrote:
Julian Pilfold-Bagwell wrote:
Hi all,

i have a squid proxy server (v2.6.STABLE21-3.el5) running on CentOS 5.4. It's set up for NTLM authentication for use with Windows XP and it works perfectly. However, I have a piece of software that needs to contact a stats site and I've tried running proxycfg - p 172.20.0.5:8002 and have also added an acl called stats and set an http_access allow rule for the acl but it still doesn't contact the site. Ohter sites that we've had problems with have identical ACLs and rules and these work so I know the syntax is correct.

The software manufacturers only know Windows proxy servers and don't seem to be able to help much. Is there any way I can bypass the authentication or is this implied by the access rule.

Sounds like you are almost there.

Any http_access lines above the first line which tests for auth will permit/deny access without needing auth themselves.

Amos
Stunning service :)
Thanks very much Amos, much appreciated, all up and running as required.

All the best,

Julian