On 04/11/10 13:12, david robertson wrote:
Hello, I'm having a cache-digest related issue that I'm hoping someone
here can help me with.

I've got a few frontend servers, which talk to a handful of backend
servers.  Everything is working swimmingly, with the exception of
cache digests.

The digests used to work without issue, but suddenly all of my backend
servers have stopped building their digests.  They all say "This cache
is currently building its digest." when you try to access the digest.
It's as if the digest rebuild never finishes.  Nothing has changed
with my configuration, and all of the backends (6 of them) have
started doing this at roughly the same time.

My first thought would be cache corruption, but I've reset all of the
caches, and the issue still persists.

Any ideas?

Possibly negative_ttl making Squid cache the digest error.

Possibly due to the digest generation period being synchronized with the re-fetch period.

What is your digest rebuild time set to?
 your cache_dir and cache_mem sizes?
 and your negative_ttl setting?

What do you get back when making a manual digest fetch from one of the Squid? squidclient -h $squid-visible_hostname mgr:squid-internal-periodic/store_digest

"debug_options 71,9" may shed more light on what the digest rebuild is doing.

Squid Cache: Version 2.7.STABLE9
configure options:  '--prefix=/squid2' '--enable-async-io'
'--enable-icmp' '--enable-useragent-log' '--enable-snmp'
'--enable-cache-digests' '--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for'
'--enable-storeio=null,aufs' '--enable-removal-policies=heap,lru'
'--with-maxfd=16384' '--enable-poll' '--disable-ident-lookups'
'--enable-truncate' '--with-pthreads' 'CFLAGS=-DNUMS=60 -march=nocona
-O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -ffast-math
-fno-exceptions'

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2