On 10/12/10 08:02, jeff donovan wrote:
okay made a few changes to the conf file to bring up to 3.1 terminology. things
are still bogging down.

I just erased and reset the cache " squid -z " and my internet speeds are back
to normal.

ill run for 24 hours and see how things go. This jam up has only been with
3.1.9.
-j

Hmm, strange that that should fix it.

It's likely to come back unless it was some cache corruption. If/when you see it again, there are a few other things to check:
 - the size of the disk usage matches what you configured (bug 3068)
- whether squid is running garbage collection, particularly on big caches the swap_high and swap_log thresholds should be close together.
 - if you have delay pools active bug 3096 will be biting you.
- check the box is not swapping. index may be more than the box can cope with or bug 3113 and/or 3017 may also be biting.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3