On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:55:54 -0500, Chad Naugle wrote:
I am not certain with my response, but I have some ideas.

- Your ACL ordering, that is often the case, is most likely to blame.
Squid applies ACL's in order, top-down, and checks each ACL in their
order when "http_access" is being applied.
- I believe the ACL blocking access may be the 'PURGE' ACL, since the
server could be sending them "no-cache" headers. -- I may need
clarification on this behavior from another person, but you can attempt
to comment it out to see if this is true, or add something such as
"http_access allow PURGE GoDaddy".

Not PURGE, that is just a method type ACL. Albeit a performance sapping one.

- Any of your explicit "src / dstdomain" allows will not log usernames
returned by the "InternetUsers" ACL.
- Does the "Internet_Denied" and/or "FacebookUsers" nt_groups involve a
login prompt, or blind authentication?
- All Explicit allows / deny's should be placed _before_ authentication
routines.

:) its pretty much always ordering.

In this case the block is 407, so look for things which require authentication to be tested.

Damian Teasdale 2/23/2011 1:27 PM >>>
This is the whole list from what I can tell.

<snip>

acl InternetDenied external nt_group Internet_Denied
acl FacebookUsers external nt_group FacebookUsers

These are missing their external_acl_type definition, but something called "nt_group" is a safe bet that its doing a login.

<snip>
acl InternetUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED

And this glaring auth ACL.

<snip>

http_access deny InternetDenied

... AND the first thing Squid does is check one of those nt_group ACLs.

 ** This is very, very likely the problem.

no_cache deny Itrade

NP: time to remove the "no_" bit off the front of that directive.

http_access allow PURGE localhost
http_access deny PURGE
http_access allow GC
http_access allow Facebook FacebookUsers

... somewhat later facebook users are checked, but only if they are visiting facebook.
This auth ACL will not be the problem.

http_access deny Facebook
http_access allow Blackberry
http_access allow Citrix
http_access allow WindowsUpdate
http_access allow BusinessObjects
http_access allow MapInfo
http_access allow MindLeaders
http_access allow DiscoverLink
http_access allow Knotia
http_access allow Chep
http_access allow Auditors
http_access allow pdr
http_access allow GoDaddy
http_access allow InternetUsers

... then finally anyone who can login is permitted.

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

Thanks

Damian Teasdale

<snip>

The Oppenheimer Group ---- CONFIDENTIAL

NP: Posted to a public mailing list archived in perppetuity.