On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:45:46 -0800 (PST), gohone wrote:
Hello,

I have a 2007 exchange server and I would like make it available from the
outside.

So I set up a reverse proxy with squid (version 3.0 STABLE19) and a self
signed certificate.

client       -->      squid    -->     Exchange OWA
               https               https

The access is working from the outside but I would like the client needs a
certificate to access to OWA.
If I don't have certificate on the client I have the warning message about the identity of the certificate when I try to connect to OWA but I can continue if I ignore the ssl error and finally the connection is done ... I know the error is normal because it's a self signed certificate and the ca is not in the trusted list but I would like the access is possible only if
I have the certificate on the client.

What can I do in "squid" to resolve this issue ?

You can present a real non- self-signed certificate to the visitors via http_port.

The *internal* link between Squid and OWA is the place where self-signed certificates can be used without general public access being involved. The warnings are ignored on that link via the sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER option to cache_peer.

Apparently some ACls exists like "user_cert" but I don't know if it's the
solution and I don't see examples about the syntax.

ACLs are for checking and validation, not for sending.

Below My config in Squid.

visible_hostname exchange_outside
debug_options ALL,1
extension_methods RPC_IN_DATA RPC_OUT_DATA
https_port 443 accel cert=/path/exchg.pem key=/path/exchg.pem \
defaultsite=exchange_outside vhost

cache_peer "ip_exchange" parent 4433 0 no-query originserver \
no-digest login=PASS ssl front-end-https=on sslcert=/chemin du
certificat/owa.pem sslkey=/path/owa.pem sslcafile=/path/ca.crt
name=exchange_hostname

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

"all" is defined internally by Squid-3.
You will be getting warnings about the "all" ACL definition. Remove the above line to resolve those.