On 03/05/11 15:15, Colin Coe wrote:
Hi Amos

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Amos Jeffries<squ...@treenet.co.nz>  wrote:
On Tue, 3 May 2011 10:13:28 +0800, Colin Coe wrote:

Is anyone using squirm successfully with squid v3.1.x?  I can't get
anything to match

Yes, several. Not me, I just know of people.

Questions
- Does the url_rewrite_program work correctly in 3.1.4?

Yes. The only bugs are around invalid URL output from the helper.

- At what stage are URLs passed to url_rewrite_program?

Right after request ICAP/eCAP adaptation, which is itself immediately after
parsing and http_access.

- I believe I need to rewrite in both directions, can I do this with
url_rewrite_program?

No. location_rewrite_program is needed to re-write server redirect URLs.
That has not been ported to Squid-3 yet. Patches *very* welcome.

Is the "re-write server redirect" the act of rewriting the URL coming
back from the origin?

When they are in a redirect message from the origin server.

Does squid v2.6STABLE21 work in this respect?  If so, I'll downgrade to RHEL5.

No. Only 2.7 has both re-writes.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1