On 31/05/11 00:00, Camilo Cadena wrote:
hi, we have a wi-fi network using ubuntu server 10.04 and squid 2.7.
All seems to work fine. Now, we want that everytime a user of my
local network opens his browser he must see a web page .php the is
inside my server, but we don't know how to do this.

if we wrote the ip address of this file inside my server as
192.168.1.123/prova it works, i can see it and i can continue the
navigation after that, but what we want is to make this in automatic,
this way the user don't have to write anything because the browser
make it itself.

we will appreciate some help here.

thank you

"Home page" is a concept that exists only within the users browser. There is no way to affect that from outside the users PC.

Portals like wi-fi access proxies have a concept popularly known as "splash pages". The details of setting one up in Squid are at:
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1