On 18/06/11 14:29, ondemandemails wrote:
dear friends,

i m looking to deploy a linux server that reside between the network&  internet.

my router has the LAN side IP as 192.168.1.1/20&  its DHCP puts gateway as
192.168.1.1 with DNS1&  DNS2 IPs on the internal LAN.

i only want to setup squid in this linux server that can work as web cache&
firewall with content blocking, in such a way that we dont have to make any changes in
client systems or use any proxy config. in browsers. it should work with same
gateway&  dns settings.

can any1 help me out?

bye
Set up a bridging firewall with a transparent squid set up on an IP local to the firewall? This page is about 4 years old but it should still be relevant:

http://teklimbu.wordpress.com/2007/10/11/running-a-transparent-linux-squid-bridge/

Alex