as far as i have seen the almost exact error it means you dont have all building dependencies to make the compilation be done.
what linux version are you using?

Eliezer

On 31/12/2011 13:02, someone wrote:
Well I copied the configuration from my at the time, current squid,
3.1.6, which doesnt isnt built with ssl support, which is why im trying
to build 3.1.8, ok and I got all my configure directives  from the
output of the squid3 -v command since im a total noob and figured that
would be easiest and I would just add the --enable-ssl option to it.

But I also ended up copying that as well. So hope that clarifies. But
still cannot build, I mean it almost finishes but this error is not
gunna fly.