On 28/02/2012 11:17 p.m., cc wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting:

configure:26480: WARNING: Missing needed capabilities (libcap or
libcap2) for TPROXY
configure:26482: WARNING: Linux Transparent Proxy support WILL NOT be
enabled
configure:26484: WARNING: Reduced support to Interception Proxy

when I ./configure --prefix=/usr/squid --enable-linux-tproxy \
                    --enable-linux-netfilter

I looked at the config.log and I can't figure out where it complains
tries to compile with libpcap.  I have libpcap installed (v1.2.1).

Two things:

1) "libpcap" is not "libcap or libcap2". libcap2 is a linux security library to enable low-privileged users capabilities (get it "cap...") for safe access to high security actions (specifically IP spoofing). [I can't say where to find it sorry, maybe somone else here can, but that should be enoough to get you back on the right track to finding it anyway].

2) --enable-linux-tproxy is for TPROXY version 2 support (Linux 2.2 or so).
These days you should not need it on anything other than embeded systems with
old kernels. It requires additional kernel patching.