On 19/03/2012 18:58, Vijay S wrote:
Hi

I have a my server box hosting apache and squid on centos machine.
When I send my request for clients feeds it works as they have
whitelisted my IP address, and when I make the call via squid its give
me invalid IP. I checked the access log for more information and found
out instead of sending my IP address its sending the localhost IP
address (127.0.0.1).
i'm still trying to understand your network infrastructure.
you have one apache server that also hosts squid?
can you give the logs output?
what is the /etc/hosts content?
by clients you mean you clients of squid?
what do you mean by whitelisted your ip address?
is the apache server is listening on port 80?
can you access it directly by ip + port 80? (no proxy)
when with proxy its not working?
if its so then try to change the hosts file with the hostname in it to
external_ip www.hostname.domain

Regards,
Eliezer

I googled a little and found that using tcp_outgoing_address directive
I can control the outgoing IP address  and to my bad luck this didn’t
work

My configuration file is as follows

acl all src all
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/32
acl SSL_ports port 443
acl Safe_ports port 80          # http
acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443         # https
acl Safe_ports port 70          # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210         # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535  # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280         # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488         # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591         # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777         # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all

icp_access allow all

http_port 3128

visible_hostname loclahost
debug_options ALL,1 33,2 28,9
tcp_outgoing_address 122.166.1.184

Can somebody help me with configuration for the my servers. It will be
of great help.

Thanks&  Regards
Vijay

--