Not sure why I didn't think of that.  Thanks!

Josh
From: Eliezer Croitoru [elie...@ngtech.co.il]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:12 PM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Non-browser applications using NTLM+Squid?

On 7/19/2012 11:29 PM, Baird, Josh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what others are doing about non-browser applications
> (Anti-virus software that fetches updates, instant messengers over HTTP, etc)
> that sit behind a Squid proxy that requires NTLM authentication?  These
> applications, in my experience, use Windows' proxy settings to proxy their
> outbound traffic, but can't speak NTLM, so the application is prevented from
> proxying any traffic.
>
> Would a Kerberos integrated Squid be a possible solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

very simple.. just allow them all before the authentication acls such as in:

acl updates dstdomain .windowsupdates.microsoft.com .antivirusupdates.org
acl updates1 dst 192.168.0.1/32

http_access allow localnet updates
http_access allow localnet updates1
http_access allow localnet ntlm_auth_helper
http_access deny all

Regards,
Eliezer
--