On 19/12/2012 9:32 p.m., Ali Jawad wrote:
Thank you all for your help, I am running an RPM install so I think
the bug fix might now work ? Or will it, I am not sure whether the
patch can be applied to an RPM installation, if not I will compile
from source, what version do you think I should compile and if I do
compile it the recommended version do I still need to apply the patch
?

When building from source yourself you should always build the latest release you can to minimize known problems, and maximize the supported lifetime of your Squid.

This problem being a known problem and long fixed, you will not even have to patch the latest sources.