On 03/16/2014 03:02 AM, Andrew Beverley wrote:
I used (and created) the patch to get the value from the remote server.
However, I can't remember whether it does it the other way as well (at
the time I thought I'd written the documentation so clearly, but coming
back to it now it's not clear...)

 From memory, however, you do need to configure qos_flows to *something*,
to trigger its operation. I think you can simply state "qos_flows mark".

Yes it needs "qos_flows mark", without specifying qos_flows, its not working. But ...

My question however was to pass on mark from client side to server side.
i.e. reverse of what above paragraph says.

As above, it's primarily server to client. Get that working first so you
know everything is in order, and then try it the other way.

... it works only from server to client. If I CONNMARK server (to squid) packet, I can see it appearing in log.

If I CONNMARK client (to server) packet its not showing in LOG.

Let me know what you find out and I will update the documentation! (I
don't have time to look through the source code right now)

So documentation is right but placement of the statement is possibly wrong. Its not highlighted right infront. i.e qos_flows applies only for packets from server to client(squid) NOT from client to server.

Is it possible to do reverse too? Or atleast have an acl where I can check incoming MARK on packet? So then I can make use of tcp_outgoing_mark.

I just noticed that there was same discussion done in list previously as well (in 2013), here is the link:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201303/0421.html

Regards

Amm