Wrong on my part again.

Changing the memory_replacement_policy still got to 100% cpu after Shift-reload in Thunderbird a few times - even disabling cache_mem entirely did not eliminate it. 3.3 never gets about about 67% load no matter how many time the page is reloaded.

So again hope the the trace shows something up.

Cheers

Alex