> On 17/07/2014 11:09 p.m., James Harper wrote:
> > Is there any way of configuring squid to proxy any tcp traffic on any
> > port? Obviously it can't filter on URL but can still filter on a few
> > other things, including ident user and IP address.
>
> Devices that do that are commonly called firewalls or deep packet
> inspection.

True, but squid has the advantage of a very nice acl and permission
infrastructure, rather than defining one set of rules for squid and another for
iptables (which can't authenticate by identd afaik)

Using a https_port with transparent and ssl_bump none works - all connections
are just plumbed straight through. The only issue is when the destination port
is unreachable - then squid returns an error page which is going to be
completely unexpected by the client unless it is expecting http. I assume
that's an issue when just using https_port for actual ssl too though.

James