Can anyone offer some help on this?

I'm having a problem that just started after I implemented squid reverse
proxy. I have a couple of applications on one of the apache servers
behind the reverse proxy. Every time someone tries to upload relatively
large files to the application (7 MB, 30 MB), they get the following error:

Request Entity Too Large

If I try to perform the same operation without going through the squid
reverse proxy, the uploads work with no problems.

I'm using proxy 3.1.20
<https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense-packages/commits/master/config/31>
on pfsense. I tried posting this issue on the pfsense support forums and
I have gotten zero replies so I'm trying the squid mailing list. The
situation has become a big problem so I would appreciate some help on this.

A few parameters I've adjusted to various values with no success:

Minimum object size
Maximum object size
Memory cache size
Maximum download size