----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

XX Boys Exhibition

12-7-2005

7:30 PM

Free

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

Kael T Block is a Paris based Photographer, Artist and Queer
Activist. This will be an exhibition of a body of work that he calls
XX Boys

I started by taking pictures of my own transition.
'cause it was reassurant.
to see in my pictures what i was seing in my head, what i was seeing
in the mirror when i was looking at me.
To see me become physically the boy i was.
To detail every piece of me that was finally becoming male.
my shoulders, my legs, i could almost see my flesh moving.
Transition is a very intense part of one's life.
it's exitation, and expectations, it's introspection, transformation,
harmony, relieve, pure joy...
And "trans" is a strong and beautiful identity.
What the project about is transboys proud of what they are,
"Man" is not my identity, it's taking away all my revolution and my
transgression, all my decisions, all my identity.
it's not saying everything.
I'm a "transman". and proud of it.
i had a hard time finding a name that was really fitting me. until i
saw Jetson's t-shirt.
xxboy.
it sounded like a gang's name.
it was telling everything in a sexy way.
xxboy.
as sexy as my experience of the transition was.
as sexy as my experience of the transition is.

XXBOYS is a gang of hot transboys, self identified as Trans, as Boy,
and as Hot.
XXBOYS is about the transition, it's about this experience, from the
inside, when you look like a teenager, when you're intense feelings
and expectations.
XXBOYS is this affirmation, this pride, this identity, that comes
through body, and its exposure, and its language, and all that can be
part of a trans body, scars, binding, dildos... its reappropriation
and sensualization, and every one's particular expression of that
identity and sensuality.

Kael T Block

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Seventh Heart
1592 Market
San Francisco

Market Street at Franklin

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://xxboys.20six.fr

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small businesses

Copyright (c) 2005 Laughing Squid. All rights reserved.