----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

Spirited Away at Santa Cruz Guerilla Drive-In

Friday December 9th

8:00 PM

Free!

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

The first film of the GDI winter series!  What?  You thought it was
over for the year?  Ha!  Never.  We go year round.  (Tell your
friends who are not on the list.)  We found an indoor space thanks to
extra effort by Friday's host.  We'll be ath Resource Center for Non-
Violence on Broadway near Ocean.

Santa Cruz Guerilla Drive-In Presents

SPIRITED AWAY
(Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi)

Hayao Miyazaki's breathtakingly beautiful and poetic tale has the
quality of a dream, a Japanese cross between Alice in Wonderland and
The Wizard of Oz.  An unusual coming-of-age story, steeped in lore,
that steadfastly refuses to set up a dualistic battle between good
and evil.  Still the most successful film ever released in Japan.  In
Shinto folklore, everything in nature has a god living within it,
vulnerable to the excesses and defilements of humanity.  Hosted by
Jennifer & Sean.

PLUS special reports from Latin America, thrilling and funny short
films, an intermission, great company, and a rollicking bike ride
after the movie.

Friday December 9th, 8:00pm
Resource Center for Non-Violence, 515 Broadway, Santa Cruz

BRING blankets, pillows, jammies, friends, wine, & food to share for
intermission. Bring your bike for Midnight Mystery Ride after the
movie.  Donations are greatly appreciated and directly support the
project and the Revolutionary Garden Society who sponsors Guerilla
Drive-In.

MIDNIGHT MYSTERY RIDE: After the movies, the Santa Cruz Midnight
Mystery Ride will take you and your friends on a rollicking after-
hours tour of the bike ways and back streets of our fair city. Where
are we going? It's a mystery!

SANTA CRUZ GUERILLA DRIVE-IN is an outdoor movie theatre under the
stars that springs up  in the fields and industrial wastelands.
Beyond showing great movies and bringing a broad community together,
part of our mission is helping reclaim public space and transforming
our urban environment into the joyful playground it should be.

NEW LOCATION! S on Hwy 17 to Ocean Street, L on Broadway, 515 Broadway

BREAKING NEWS, updated winter schedule (uh, soon), discussion,  do-it-
yourself, email list, the works.

www.guerilladrivein.org

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Resource Center for Non-Violence
515 Broadway
Santa Cruz

NEW LOCATION! S on Hwy 17 to Ocean Street, L on Broadway, 515 Broadway

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.guerilladrivein.org

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small businesses

Copyright (c) 2005 Laughing Squid. All rights reserved.