----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

Queer Arab Hip-Hop duo NaR at Smack Dab

Wednesday, December 21st

7:30 signup, 8 pm show

free

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

An open mic hosted by Kirk Read and Larry-Bob Roberts, making the
Castro safe for performance again. Bring five minutes of words,
music, comedy or miscellany, or just come to bask in the glow.

Featured performer bio:

NaR is a queer Arab hip hop crew, featuring a girl-boy emcee duo.
Both emcees have roots in the mountains of Lebanon. Mazen was born
there and moved to the states as a political refugee at the age of 5,
fleeing the Israeli invasion. Tru Bloo came up in Las Vegas, NV as a
first-generation daughter of Syrian-Lebanese immigrants. NaR means
"fire" in Arabic and describes our deep passion for social change and
revolution. We believe in humanity and the liberation of all
oppressed peoples. Although we are the first queer Arab hip hop crew,
our lyrics focus primarily on greater political issues--not merely
the eradication of homophobia, although that is one of our many
struggles. We are committed to music, as it bridges cultural, social,
and economic gaps in pursuit of the revolution-- a Revolution to
bring Social Justice to all!!

NaR made their debut at the 2005 PeaceOUT World Homohop festival.
They can be found online at http://www.myspace.com/hotnar

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Magnet
4122 18th St. near Castro
San Francisco

http://www.magnetsf.org

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.sfqueer.com

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small businesses

Copyright (c) 2005 Laughing Squid. All rights reserved.