----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

Last Night Santa Cruz Un-Planning Meeting

Saturday December 17th

6:00 PM

Free!

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

  Will you join us for a Last Night Un-Planning meeting on Saturday
December 17th?

You already know there's no First Night in Santa Cruz this year, so
we're going to do it ourselves. It's our parade. It's your parade. No
city-sponsorship. No corporate donors. We make it happen together.
We're calling it the Last Night Santa Cruz DIY Parade (diy stands for
do-it-yourself).

Last Night is building momentum (or at least it seems like it to us).
People keep telling us about it before we tell them. We already know
you are going to join us on New Year's eve, right? But it'd be nice
to hear from you if you are planning something. And even better to
see you, meet you, shake your hand at one of our un-planning meetings.

This is where we pull this big crazy thing together, find out what
other people and groups are planning, hatch plans, solve problems,
and build this smaller community inside our larger one.

The next Last Night Un-Planning meeting is:

This Saturday December 17th
6pm to 8pm
Big Yellow House
742 N. Branciforte Ave
Santa Cruz

Let's get a group together. Start a marching band. Build puppets. Get
our bicycle friends together. Form a dancing troupe. Organize our
kid's play group. Anything and everything!

If you are trying to make New Year's eve plans, here the info you
need: The Last Night Parade will meet up at 5pm New Year's Eve at the
Saturn Cafe lot.

Committed so far: Art & Revolution, Village Drumming Circles, The
Opera Lady, the Santa Cruz Trash Orchestra, the Man in Black,
firedancers, stilt walkers, Peace Walk, Santa Cruz Moontribe,
puppets, bunnies, clowns, and bike kids. (We'd still like to see
Samba bands, marching bands, more music, political groups, a
coalition of homeless folks, art cars, zombies, pirates, more kids
and parents, and more more of everything in our community)

Last Night Un-Organizing Committee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.lastnightdiy.org

P.S. That same Saturday at noon, join us for a Santa Cruz Trash
Orchestra build day and practice also at the Big Yellow House. The
Trash Orchestra, a recycled percussion marching band, will be
marching proudly (and cacophonously) in the Last Night parade.

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Big Yellow House
742 N Branciforte Ave
Santa Cruz

South on Ocean St, left on Soquel, left at Branciforte, only house on
the right is the Big Yellow House.

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.lastnightdiy.org

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small businesses

Copyright (c) 2005 Laughing Squid. All rights reserved.