----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

Last Night Santa Cruz DIY Parade and Celebration

Saturday, December 31st

5:00 PM

Free!

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

Want to join this year's New Year's Eve Parade in Santa Cruz?

There's no First Night this year, so we're going to do it ourselves.
Last Night is a decentralized, collective, spontaneous, open, public
New Year's Eve celebration.

DIY stands for do-it-yourself. And that is what we are doing. A
little bit of planning, a little bit of work, some getting together.
This is our celebration that you and I make happen. This is not a
paid gig, not something organized or well-planned. It's a people's
event. We are doing this just for the love of it.

THE LAST NIGHT SANTA CRUZ DIY PARADE
(diy stands for do-it-yourself)

Let's get a group together. Start a marching band. Build puppets. Get
our bicycle friends together. Form a dancing troupe. Organize our
kid's play group. Anything and everything!

Up-to-this-minute committments: Santa Cruz Trash Orchestra,
Firedancers, Santa Cruz Art & Revolution, Santa Cruz Peace Walk, Bike
kids, Arthur Hull and Village Music Circles, Georgiana Bruce Kirby
Ultimate Team, Santa Cruz Peace Coalition, Nocturnal Sunshine, Lee
and his Fish Bike, Santa Cruz People Power, Santa Cruz County Cycling
Club, Sean's 2-story Petal-Powered Octopus, The Giant Shitting
Pigeon, Bunnies, Art & Revolution Puppets, Stiltwalkers, The Opera
Lady, HUFF, Women in Black, Free Radio Santa Cruz, Silk Road School
of Sword and Self-Defense, Youth Coalition Santa Cruz.

MEET AT 5PM NEW YEAR'S EVE - SATURN CAFE LOT

For more info, discussion, details, photos, and press, go to http://
lastnightdiy.org

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Saturn Cafe Parking Lot
145 Laurel St
Santa Cruz

Hwy 17 S -> Ocean St/Beaches Exit -> Ocean St. -> rt on Broadway ->
lt on Front St -> on your right is Saturn Cafe lot

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.lastnightdiy.org

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

underground art and culture from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small businesses

Copyright (c) 2005 Laughing Squid. All rights reserved.