----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

Burning Man "BBQ a Newbie" Pic-i-nic.

Saturday, June 17th

11:00pm - 5:00pm

FREE, but BYO picnic

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

Here's your chance to get appreciated, thanked, welcomed, loved, &
bbq-ed!! Please come and join us at the Burning Man Spark Club this
Saturday.
Here's the haps....

Do you like pic-i-nics? Do you like pic-i-nics with virgins even
better?
HEY! Get yer mind out of the gutter! This is a burning*family event,
cause we are gonna...

""BBQ A NEWBIE""
(*a Spark Club production in conjunction with the Special Events Team)

That's right! Bring your virgins, your newbies, your dust-free
friends...
And introduce them to the Burners in their backyard. This event is
open to all regardless of affiliation...

:;:Potato Salad:;:

This here is a Potluck BBQ...
Bring something for the grill, or a dish to share, or drinks to
share. It's self-reliant, Burner do-ocracy, gift economy-style, baby!
After all, we're out to edu-ma-cate them virgins on how it's done.

"YOU MUST BRING EVERYTHING WITH YOU TO SURVIVE THE PIC-I-NIC!"
*12 oz beer per adult, per hour.
*Enough grillable food for your entire party.
*Warm clothing that preferably sparkles.
*Goggles to protect eyes in case of dust storms.
*A good folding camp chair or picnic blanket.
*Leave No Trace garbage bags.
*Sunscreen.
*Common sense, an open mind, and a positive, playful attitude.
*A Frizbee is highly recommended.
*Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Ambrosia!

Like BRC, a certain level of stuff will be provided such as charcoal,
plates, utensils, and condiments. You know, the basics...Yes,
condiments!

:.:.Three-Legged Races:.:.

We have lots in store for you, check out the buffet o' fun...

-Camp Klepto pick up soccer game with Bunny Ball.
-Burning Moms.
-Sri Ramadadingdong's 3rd Eye Manifestation Station.
-Music by Iron Rose
-Marching Gamelon
-Hydration Toss-Off.
-Special Events Playa-Twister with Playa-Centric Spots.
-(and more to come...)

***PARTICIPATE!***
Have an idea for a fun activity or participatory
event??? Are you a musician or entertainer???
Send an email to our own Party Radar (loristein (at) hotmail.com)
and tell her Rooster sent you.

:::::Ants Marching:::::

*What: "BBQ a Newbie" Pic-i-nic.
*Where: Speedway Meadow, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco,
Cali-for-n-i-a.
*When: SATURDAY JUNE 17th, 2006, 11am-5pm.
*How: By Car, Bike, Bus or Foot. Speedway Meadow is just west 19th
Ave/Park Presidio Drive on JFK. Extra special props to you if you ride
your bike and carry a casserole.

SEE YOU THERE!

********************

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Speedway Meadow, Golden Gate Park
JFK Drive between 19th and 25th Ave
San Francisco

muni map:
http://tinyurl.com/numy4

Golden Gate Park Map:
http://tinyurl.com/mvrb3   (speedway Meadow is #14)

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

art, culture and technology from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small organizations

The Squid List is licensed under a Creative Commons License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/