----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

CITY|SPACE presents: The Bus on Film

Friday, June 23rd

8:30 pm

FREE

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

A film festival starring the bus as part of the exhibition GET ON THE
BUS.
The program includes clips, independent shorts, documentary and
historic material.

About GET ON THE BUS
Get on the Bus will consider the experience, culture, and meaning of
our nation's least-loved transit mode. Stigmatized as the transit of
last resort-the realm of the poor, elderly, and infirm-the bus
nonetheless moves millions of people every day. On the cutting edge
in some cities, marginalized in others, the bus evokes a surprising
range of emotions for people, planners, cities and artists. Get on
the Bus will begin to illuminate the world of the bus as a ubiquitous
but neglected arena of city life.

An open call drew submissions from seven countries. Selected works
are drawn from throughout the US, as well as Canada, Mexico, and the
UK, and include fine art, documentary photography, lighthearted urban
interventions, and a range of film and video projects. In addition
innovative, historic, and artistically modified buses are anticipated
to be on display at various times during the exhibition. CITY|SPACE
is working with local transit agencies, including San Francisco MUNI,
AC Transit, and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission and
expects to collaborate with them on a variety of projects, including
the donation of buses to the exhibit.

About CITY|SPACE
CITY|SPACE is a cultural organization dedicated to exploring the
built environment through events and exhibitions in a wide range of
disciplines, including design, visual art, cultural landscape
research, and film. CITY|SPACE cuts across disciplinary boundaries to
draw on a wide range of work: aesthetic, documentary, architectural,
and beyond, that converges around the city as we find it, make it,
and struggle with it. By engaging Bay Area audiences in complex and
challenging questions about the cities we inhabit, we hope to deepen
our communities' experience, understanding, and stewardship of urban
places

For more information about CITY|SPACE visit: www.city-space.org

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

The Levin Brothers Warehouse
2255 Third Street
San Francisco
415.244.2618

Bus Lines 15- Third Street, 22- Fillmore, 48- Quintara, or 24th
Street Lines

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
510.704.1352
www.city-space.org

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

art, culture and technology from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small organizations

The Squid List is licensed under a Creative Commons License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/