Can anyone assist me with the handling of sessions by SM?  We are
running SM 1.4.1 and I have also installed 1.4.2 on a test machine to
play with.  I am running Apache 1.3.27-2 and PHP 4.1.2-7.3.6.  I do have
access to the php.ini file.  So, I can change the session.save_path if
necessary.  I do know quite a bit about PHP, but sifting through the SM
code, and more importantly - understanding it, is kind of overwhelming.

I want to be able to use a database for the session.  This database for
session information will be shared with another web server.  By sharing
the session information, I am trying to be able to pass SM the session
id from the other site, or vice versa, and have the sites pull the
information from the session without having to start a new session.

For instance, a user logs into a page that allows them to check their
account, change their address, etc.  I want them to be able to click on
a link inside that interface that would then bring them into the SM
interface without logging in again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone can point me to some
good literature on the subject that would be great as well.  I have been
reading book after book and just cannot find the correct answers that
apply to my situation.

Thanks!

-- 
Jodie E Crouch III
Asst. Network Administrator
ShreveNet, Inc
(318) 222-2NET

It's a Great Day to ShreveNet!

Come Join Us!



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program.
SourceForge.net hosts over 70,000 Open Source Projects.
See the people who have HELPED US provide better services:
Click here: http://sourceforge.net/supporters.php
--
squirrelmail-users mailing list
List Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995
List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users

Reply via email to