I know this was brought up for an IIS user but I'm having the problem with apache.


Sqm: 1.4.4 PHP 4.3.10 Apache 2.0

Error:
Error creating directory /home/virtual/domain.com/var/www/squirrelmail-data/5.
Could not create hashed directory structure!
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.


This is the directory structure:

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Apr 7 14:17 squirrelmail
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Apr 6 19:00 squirrelmail-attachments
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Apr 7 17:13 squirrelmail-data


As you can see apache owns and has full priviliges to squirrelmail-data

What else should i be checking here?


apache's access to the parent directory(ies)? that apache is the correct username?

Paul - thanks for your help. The path is /home/virtual/domain.com/var/www/squirrelmail-data

Anything at www or below is root owned:
drwxr-xr-x  9 root   root   4096 Apr  7 14:16 www
Everything above is apache owned [see above]

Does the full path have to be owned by apache all the way down? I don't think I can do this...
I'm not an linux expert but I'm sure that that does not need to be the case...otherwise that means apache would have to own the root directory as well =)





------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click -- squirrelmail-users mailing list Posting Guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/wiki.php?MailingListPostingGuidelines List Address: [email protected] List Archives: http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user List Archives: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995 List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users

Reply via email to