>>>>>> I have been trying to get Squirrelmail working with Courier-Imap >>>>>> and have hit a wall. If I manually test access to the imap server >>>>>> with a, >>>>>> >>>>>> telnet myimapserver 143 >>>>>> a001 LOGIN username password >>>>>> >>>>>> (everything works just fine.) >>>>>> >>>>>> However when I try the same thing with Squirrelmail 1.4.4 I get a >>>>>> error of: >>>>>> "Unknown user or password incorrect" >>>>>> This would be understandable if this were true. However it is not >>>>>> since I can manually access the imap server and LOGIN just fine. >>>>>> I even tried a different imap server with the same error. >>>>>> (Even though I could manually authenticate with the imap server >>>>>> fine.) >>>>>> >>>>>> Having said all this can anyone suggest how to fix this?
>>>>> Try enabling debug in courier. [..] >>>> First thanks for the reply. Having set logging in courier-imap I can >>>> see the password string is never being sent. [..] >>>allow cookies. >> Tried that. No dice. > > verify with: > > http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=235 > > Make sure PHP error dispalys are turned on or check apache logs and > check your session support in your PHP build. Not only check session support, but verify that the variables PHP is using to store the session data is valid, and not full. This comes up from time to time, the session.save_path is set to a directory that doesn't exist, OR is full. You can normally get an idea from the error logs for apache on what is going on. Also it might be useful knowing your operating system, as FC3 has a very strict selinux setup (by default?) I think, and that can cause you all kinds of troubles (see your messages log file, or dmesg might have info too). -- Jonathan Angliss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_ide95&alloc_id396&op=click -- squirrelmail-users mailing list Posting Guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/wiki.php?MailingListPostingGuidelines List Address: [email protected] List Archives: http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user List Archives: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id)95 List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users
